Bike and Roll DC Announces 2nd Annual Christmas on Wheels Tour
Premier Tour Company to Offer Bike and Segway Tours of Washington’s Most Iconic Christmas Spots
Washington, DC, Nov. 10, 2016—Bike and Roll DC (www.bikeandrolldc.com) will again be offering Washington’s only Christmas tour by bike and Segway, aptly named “Christmas on Wheels,” the tour and rental company announced today. Christmas on Wheels will be offered every Saturday and Sunday beginning December 3rd through December 18th. Tour highlights include the holiday showcase at the U.S. Botanic Garden, the Capitol Christmas tree, hotel and Embassy decorations, a hot chocolate stop, the White House Christmas tree, and more!
“For over a decade, Bike and Roll DC has provided Washington visitors and locals alike with one of the most unique ways to experience the city’s profound history, culture and beauty,” said Stephen Marks, Managing Member of Bike and Roll DC. “Last year, we began offering Christmas on Wheels, and we are very excited to continue the tradition of showcasing our nation’s capital at its most magical. This is the only tour of its kind in Washington and we can’t wait to help deliver the spirit of the season to even more people this year!”
Similar to Bike and Roll’s signature “Capital Sites” and “Monuments” tours, Christmas on Wheels will be led by professionally trained guides and filled with historical anecdotes—of the festive variety—as riders arrive at each tour stop. Families and children of all ages are welcome on the bike tour, trailer tandems and burleys are available for younger children. Riders must be 16 for the Segway tour. Riders will have multiple photo opportunities throughout the tour. Complimentary water and festive end of tour treats will also be provided.
Some helpful tips from Bike and Roll DC:
- Reserve your spot in advance! There are a very limited number of spots available for each tour, so Bike and Roll DC strongly recommends making reservations as soon as possible. Reservations can be made online at bikeandrolldc.com by clicking the “RESERVE NOW” button and selecting your preferred date for Christmas on Wheels, under “Guided Tours.” Reservations can also be made over the phone by calling 202.842.2453.
- Christmas on Wheels will run on December 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th and 18th. More spots may be opened based on demand. Private tours are available any day (advance reservation required, additional fees apply.)
- All tours are 2.5 hours. Segway tours are from 3:30 PM-6:00 PM. Bike tours are from 4:00 PM-6:30 PM.
- The cost for the bike tour is $39 for adults and $34 for children 12 and under and $64 per person for the Segway tour.
- Dress warm! Although riding from site to site is a warmer option than walking, DC temperatures in December can be unpredictable, so be sure to dress in layers. Bike and Roll will have gloves for sale for a nominal charge.