Bike and Roll hires friendly, enthusiastic, outgoing people who want to work with bikes in a fun, fast-paced, outdoor environment. Our goal is to ensure that renting from us or taking one of our tours is the best experience our guests have in Washington. If you’re interested and want to join our team, check our our openings below. Here are some additional things you should know:
- Our 2019 season begins mid-March and ends in December
- Seasonal employment (spring, summer and fall) is available
- Some weekend and holiday hours will be required
- Day and evening hours are available
- We’ll train you on basic bicycle maintenance (if necessary in your position)
- We accept applications and resumes throughout our season
To be considered for a Bike and Roll DC job, please apply online.
We’re seeking qualified candidates, with at least 1-2 years of customer service experience
DC tour company seeks to hire two friendly administrators for reservations desk.
Full and part-time available.
Must be available to work either Saturday OR Sunday on a weekly basis;
Successful candidates should:
- Be consistently friendly towards customers
- Able to speak English
- Able to juggle multiple demands
- Have experience and be adept at general data entry
- Be able to correspond via email in a professional manner
- Able to work between 20 and 40 hours per week
To Apply Click the Apply Online button on this website. Please include a cover letter including why you want to work for Bike and Roll DC, resume and salary requirements. Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now Hiring Evening/Weekend Guides
Do you want to share your passion and knowledge of Washington D.C. with others? Do you enjoy an active job that allows you to spend your time outside? If so, working as a Tour Guide may be just for you!
Tour guides are part teachers/entertainer and part shepherds/traffic cop. Guides are thoroughly trained on history and technique and bring their own sense of entertainment, charm and humor to the job.
Qualified candidates will posses and be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of small groups
- Passionate about both D.C. and American History
- Strong leadership skills
- Comfortable riding a bike while leading a small group
- The ability to learn how to ride a Segway
- A safety first mentality at all times
- An ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Additional Qualities that are favorable include:
- Previous experience in a related field such as customer service, hospitality or tourism.
- Basic First-Aid training
- An education in History or Museum Studies
The company! Bike and Roll DC provides our clientele with informative, fun and engaging experiences in DC. We offer tours of the National Mall area (by bike and Segway) and highlight the interesting history surrounding sites such at each of the iconic memorials, the U.S. Capitol, Pennsylvania Avenue, the White House and more.
Experience! Prior Experience as a tour guide is NOT required. However, knowledge of Washington D.C. and/or American history is a big advantage. Candidates who are personable and interested in learning will be the most successful tour guides.
To Apply! Click the Apply Online button on this website. Please fill out all parts of the application including why you want to work for Bike and Roll DC and resume. Questions may be directed to: email@example.com.
- Only candidates applying through the above link will be considered
- Please complete all questions
- Employment training begins immediately
- Guides are compensated hourly, plus tips.
Please note: Not Currently Accepting Applications
Our customer service team manages bicycle rentals, and assists with all type of tours. Associates are friendly, well-spoken and enjoy working with the public. The ideal candidates will be responsible, outgoing and enjoy a casual and professional work environment and will not mind giving directions to the bathroom multiple times in a day!
We seek full-time and part-time staffers either seasonally or through December. ; all customer service staffers are expected to cover one weekend shift per week. Some evening-only shifts are available.
-Pay is hourly ($13.25-$14.00), and based on experience and training,
-Great job for students seeking part-time employment
-Some familiarity with the downtown DC area is helpful although not required, and knowledge of bicycling in the region is also a plus
-Customer Service Staff must be able to lift 30+ pounds and be comfortable walking outside to assist guests
If you are seeking casual employment and [are able to]:
– Communicate effectively and clearly,
– Love a fast-paced, fun work place, and
– Enjoy traveling and the travel industry…then, this may be the job for you!
To Apply! Click the Apply Online button on this website. Please include a cover letter including why you want to work for Bike and Roll DC and resume. Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently searching for experienced bicycle mechanics to help maintain our fleet of more than 500 Trek bicycles; our maintenance shop is located in SW DC, near the DC Wharf (L’Enfant Plaza area. Part-time and full-time positions are available for wrenches with proven ability to build, repair and tune.
Our team of mechanics works closely with our Fleet Manager to provide support for our rental and tour teams. Keep your hands greasy tuning and truing, while providing some transport services, field repair and watching for trends on the equipment.
Our mechanics play a big part in our ability to provide a great experience for our customers to see DC in the best way possible- by bike!
Bike and Roll is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants equally without regard to their race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans With Disability Act. All applicants will be given equal consideration, but submittal does not imply that an applicant will be employed.