Detailed Directions to our Locations
National Mall Location (Washington, DC)
Bike and Roll DC’s National Mall location is just behind the Spy Museum on L’Enfant Plaza. This area is in between the landmark Smithsonian Institution Castle (Independence Avenue) and DC Wharf (Maine Ave). Look for us outside on the upper level, in the North Building on 955 L’Enfant Plaza, between 9th and 10th streets SW.
Helpful Hint: By car or by foot, use the address 475 L’Enfant Plaza in your GPS or phone app. We are across the street from US Postal Service Headquarters at 475 L’Enfant Plaza, directly behind the new Spy Museum and adjacent to the Hilton Hotel. We are outside, on the upper level. Tour check-in is 15 minutes prior to the tour start time, please be on-time for check-in!
Through May 23rd
9 AM – 6 PM Monday through Saturday
10 AM – 6 PM Sundays
Summer Hours, May 24 through September 1
9 AM – 8 PM Monday through Saturday
10 AM – 8 PM Sundays
Private bike and Segway tours are available by advance booking. To inquire, click here or phone us at 202-842-2453, ext 105.
*In the event of questionable weather please call 202.842.2453 or email
Use the address 475 L’Enfant Plaza SW – this is the address for the US Postal Service HQ (located across the street from us and accessible via Maine Ave. and Independence Ave.)
- Once at this address, you will see the International Spy Museum.
Face the museum (your back will be towards the US Postal Service Headquarters), cross the street and take the sidewalk on your left.
- Walk past the building lobby. We are at the end of the sidewalk.
- If you wish to park on L’Enfant Plaza, you will find metered spots where you may pay by credit card or the Park Mobile app.
Navigate to 970 D St SW, Washington DC. This is the lower level of L’Enfant Plaza.
- Once there, you will be under an overpass and should see signs for L’Enfant Plaza Parking.
- The garage offers a flat daily rate (credit and debit cards only, no cash).
- Once parked, take the elevator to Plaza Level (PL), exit the building and walk to your right.
There is also limited metered street parking one level up along L’Enfant Plaza, payable via the ParkMobile app. If you park on the street, navigate on foot to 470 L’Enfant Plaza SW.
From the National Mall, use the address 470 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington DC
- Make your way to 1000 Independence Ave SW. You should see the Smithsonian Castle/Visitor Center. You want to be on the opposite side of the street from the Smithsonian Castle/Visitor Center.
- Walk up the sidewalk of L’Enfant Plaza for 1 1/2 blocks.
- You will see the Spy Museum ahead. Take a left on the sidewalk just prior to the Spy Museum. Walk past the building lobby to the end of the sidewalk.
From the Wharf , use the address 470 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington DC
From the Wharf:
- Make your way to Banneker Circle SW. You should see the Spy Museum.
- Continue walking towards the Spy Museum.
- Take a right on the sidewalk just AFTER the Spy Museum. Walk past the building lobby to the end of the sidewalk.
- After exiting the train, follow signs to L’Enfant Plaza or 9th and D Streets.
- Before exiting the turnstiles, check for a large circular portrait of an astronaut in a spacesuit with their arms at their sides. The background should be white. If you do not see this please ask a Metro employee to point you in the direction of the L’Enfant Plaza Starbucks or food court.
- Exit the turnstiles and ride the escalator to the next level.
- Once at the top of the escalator, follow the signs through the building to The Spy Museum. (If you end up at Five Guys, you missed a right turn.)
- Once you see the CVS, look for a set of stairs/elevator in the center of the atrium. Take these stairs/elevator up one level. Walk outside. We are to your left.
- Here is a pictorial guide if you are inside the L’Enfant Plaza metro station: http://bit.ly/1pRjkcR.
- If you have exited the Smithsonian metro station, please use this pictorial guide: http://bit.ly/Pui1VB.
Bike Tours, Segway Tours, Bike Rentals, E-Bikes
470 L’Enfant Plaza SW (Upper Level of L’Enfant Plaza, behind the Spy Museum)
Washington, DC 20024-2119
955 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Suite 905
Washington, DC, 20024
Old Town Alexandria Location
The shop is at the end of an alleyway, at the intersection of Wales Alley and The Strand. We are also near the intersection of King and Union Streets where you might spot a Starbucks. We are located in the same building as Starbucks but on the opposite corner.
If you have a hard time finding us on a map, search for 106 S. Union Street, Alexandria, VA
Self-guided bike rides (limited schedule) and advance full day reservations (same-day walk-ups also available). Bike and Roll Alexandria operates near the Old Town Waterfront. We are conveniently located one block off of King Street, at the intersection of Wales Alley and Strand Street.
Old Town Alexandria hours of Operation:
Through May 23rd
10 AM – 6 PM Tuesday through Sunday
May 24 through September 3
10 AM – 6 PM Daily
September 6 through October 14
10 AM – 6 PM Friday, Saturday, Sunday
October 19 through October 28
10 AM – 6 PM Saturday, Sunday
*In the event of questionable weather please call us at 202.842.2453
The King Street Metro Station will be CLOSED May 25th to September 8
Please use address: 1 Wales Alley.
- There are several public parking garages in the area.
- The nearest two are on Union Street, one is one block north of King Street and one is one block south of King Street.
- Click here for a map of parking in Old Town Alexandria.
Water Taxi from DC : (More info here: Potomac Riverboat Company)
(The King Street Metro Station will be CLOSED May 25th to September 8)
The Potomac Riverboat water taxi runs between the DC Wharf and the Alexandria City Docks. The Alexandria location is just a few blocks from the city docks. Click on the link above to view the schedule and to purchase tickets. Once you disembark from the water taxi, walk south along the waterfront (past the Torpedo Factory) until you get to King Street. Cross King Street, continue one block along The Strand. Turn right onto Wales Alley and you will find Bike and Roll.
Metro Train: King Street (Yellow/Blue). The King Street Metro Station will be CLOSED May 25th to September 8.
If you wish to take metro between May 25th and September 8th, a shuttle is available from National Airport
- Take Yellow or Blue Line train to National Airport
2. Board the Yellow or Blue Line Shuttle to King Street (More info here: platform.goDCgo.com).
3. From King Street Station, follow directions below to walk or Take Dash King Street Trolley
From King Street Station
To Walk from the Metro (1.1 miles, ~25 minutes)
- Walk down King Street toward the waterfront.
- When you arrive at the intersection of King and Union Streets (Starbucks), turn right onto Union Street
- Walk about 200 feet and turn left onto Wales Alley. Bike and Roll is at the end of the alley, on the left-hand side.
- The Dash King Street Trolley runs every 10 – 15 minutes starting at 10:30 AM Thursday through Saturday and at 11:00 AM Sunday through Wednesday
- The Trolley goes directly past our shop on The Strand (one block prior to King Street).